Venetian Gondola Information
One of the most enchanting experiences in Las Vegas, the Gondola Ride at The Venetian transports visitors to the charming canals of Venice, Italy, without ever leaving Sin City. This 800-word overview will provide a comprehensive guide to the Gondola Ride at The Venetian, including its history, cost, schedule, and other essential information for an unforgettable trip.
The Venetian Resort, which opened its doors in 1999, has since captivated guests with its intricate recreation of Venice’s iconic landmarks and romantic ambiance. The Gondola Ride is the centerpiece of the resort, a testament to the vision of Sheldon Adelson, the late founder and CEO of Las Vegas Sands Corporation, who sought to bring the charm of Venice to Las Vegas.
As a part of this endeavor, the resort features a network of canals that span 1.5 miles, both indoors and outdoors, replicating the winding waterways of the original Italian city. The Gondola Ride was designed to transport guests through these canals while providing a truly authentic Venetian experience, complete with singing gondoliers in traditional attire.
Cost & Pricing
There are two types of gondola rides available at The Venetian: the indoor ride, which weaves through the Grand Canal Shoppes, and the outdoor ride, which takes guests along the exterior of the resort under the beautiful Las Vegas sky.
The pricing for the gondola rides is as follows:
- Indoor Gondola Ride:
- $34 per person (children 2 and under ride free with a paying adult)
- $144 for a private gondola (up to 4 passengers)
- Outdoor Gondola Ride:
- $39 per person (children 2 and under ride free with a paying adult)
- $156 for a private gondola (up to 4 passengers)
Please note that prices are subject to change and may vary during peak seasons or special events.
Venetian Gondola Schedule
The Gondola Ride at The Venetian operates daily, with the following schedule:
- Indoor Gondola Ride:
- Sunday through Thursday: 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Friday and Saturday: 10:00 AM to 12:00 AM (midnight)
- Outdoor Gondola Ride:
- Daily: 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM
It is essential to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled ride time. Although walk-up tickets are available, it is highly recommended to make reservations in advance to secure your desired time slot, particularly during peak seasons or holidays.
- Accessibility: The Venetian Resort is committed to providing an accessible experience for all guests. Accessible gondolas are available upon request, and service animals are permitted.
- Photography: Guests are welcome to take photos and videos during the ride, but selfie sticks and tripods are not permitted. Additionally, professional photography sessions must be prearranged with The Venetian’s Public Relations department.
- Gondolier for a Day: For those interested in experiencing the life of a gondolier, The Venetian offers a “Gondolier for a Day” program. Participants receive training on rowing techniques, history, and even learn to sing like a true Venetian gondolier. Advanced reservations are required, and additional fees apply.
- Special Occasions: The Gondola Ride is a popular choice for special occasions such as marriage proposals, anniversaries, or birthday celebrations. Customizable packages are available, including including options for a personalized singing performance, a rose bouquet, or even a professional photographer to capture the moment. Additional fees apply, and advanced reservations are required to ensure availability.
- Seasonal Events: During specific times of the year, The Venetian enhances the Gondola Ride experience with seasonal decorations, such as the holiday-themed “Winter in Venice.” These events provide an extra layer of charm and festivity for guests enjoying a gondola ride during these periods.
- Gondola University: For visitors who wish to delve deeper into the art and history of gondolas, The Venetian offers Gondola University. Participants learn about the craft of gondola making, the history of gondolas and their role in Venetian culture, and the significance of the gondolier profession. Sessions are limited and subject to availability, with additional fees and advanced reservations required.
- Nearby Attractions: The Gondola Ride at The Venetian is just one of the many attractions available at the resort. During your visit, consider exploring the other Venetian-inspired experiences, such as the Grand Canal Shoppes, St. Mark’s Square, and the replica Rialto Bridge. The resort also hosts world-class dining establishments, luxury shopping, and a variety of live entertainment options, including theater performances and concerts.
Gondola Ride Overall
The Gondola Ride at The Venetian Resort in Las Vegas offers a unique and unforgettable experience that transports guests to the enchanting canals of Venice, Italy. With its singing gondoliers, beautifully crafted gondolas, and stunning recreation of Venice’s landmarks, it is an attraction that should not be missed during a visit to Las Vegas. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or seeking a romantic escape, a ride aboard a Venetian gondola is sure to leave a lasting impression.