History of Resorts World
Resorts World Las Vegas, the newest and most innovative integrated resort on the Las Vegas Strip, has a history that is as intriguing as the city itself. The $4.3 billion project, which officially opened its doors in June 2021, is the brainchild of the Genting Group, a Malaysian conglomerate known for its global portfolio of resort and casino properties.
Resorts World Las Vegas’s story began in 2007 when the Boyd Gaming Corporation initiated the construction of a resort complex named “Echelon Place” on the 87-acre site previously occupied by the Stardust Resort and Casino. The ambitious project, which was estimated to cost $4.8 billion, was unfortunately short-lived. Due to the financial crisis of 2008, the project was put on an indefinite hold in 2009, leaving a partially constructed steel structure as a stark reminder of the aborted endeavor.
This situation lasted until 2013 when the Genting Group purchased the site from Boyd Gaming for $350 million, marking its entry into the Las Vegas market. Genting announced plans for a new integrated resort, initially named “Resorts World Las Vegas,” inspired by the traditional Asian theme. The original design reflected Asian cultural heritage and was expected to attract affluent Chinese tourists. The groundbreaking ceremony took place in May 2015, signaling the beginning of a new chapter in the site’s history.
However, progress was slow, and the project faced several delays over the next few years due to design changes and construction challenges. The original Asian theme was reimagined to a more modern and luxurious design that would appeal to a broader audience, while still retaining subtle Asian influences.
Construction picked up pace in 2017, with the resort’s structure starting to take shape on the Las Vegas skyline. The project hit a significant milestone in 2019 with the completion of the construction of the two hotel towers. By 2020, the exterior work was largely complete, and the focus shifted to the interior of the resort.
Resorts World Las Vegas was finally ready to make its grand debut in June 2021, despite the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. The resort opened with three Hilton-branded hotels, a 117,000-square-foot casino, over 40 food and beverage outlets, 250,000 square feet of meeting and convention space, and a 5,000-capacity theatre. A unique feature is the 100,000-square-foot LED screen on the resort’s west tower, one of the largest LED building displays in the U.S.
The opening of Resorts World Las Vegas marked the end of an almost decade-long journey filled with numerous obstacles and changes. Today, it stands as a symbol of resilience and innovation, a testament to the spirit of Las Vegas. As the first ground-up resort development on the Strip in over a decade, Resorts World Las Vegas has set a new standard for luxury and entertainment in the city, promising a bright future ahead.
Resorts World Details
Fees at Resorts World
|Resort Fee||$51.02 + Tax|
Rooms at Resorts World Las Vegas
Resorts World Las Vegas features three distinct Hilton-branded hotels, offering a combined total of 3,500 guest rooms and suites. The three hotels include Las Vegas Hilton at Resorts World, Conrad Las Vegas at Resorts World, and Crockfords Las Vegas, LXR Hotels & Resorts. Each hotel caters to a different type of guest, with accommodations ranging from standard rooms to opulent suites.
Las Vegas Hilton at Resorts World
As the largest hotel within the complex, Las Vegas Hilton offers a range of well-appointed rooms and suites. The contemporary design, comfortable furnishings, and modern amenities make it an ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers.
- Deluxe Room King: This modern room features a king-size bed, comfortable seating area, and contemporary amenities for a comfortable stay. The room is equipped with a flat-screen TV, mini-fridge, and coffee maker.
- Deluxe Queen Room: This spacious room offers two queen-size beds, a cozy seating area, and stylish furnishings. Amenities include a flat-screen TV, mini-fridge, and coffee maker.
- Strip View Deluxe Room: This elegant room features a separate living space and bedroom, with a king-size bed or two queens, spacious seating area, and luxurious amenities. Additional features include a wet bar, large flat-screen TVs, and upgraded bathroom amenities.
Conrad Las Vegas at Resorts World
For a more upscale experience, Conrad Las Vegas offers guests luxury accommodations with a touch of sophistication. The rooms and suites feature sleek designs, state-of-the-art technology, and breathtaking views of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Premium Room: This upscale room features a king-size bed, sleek furnishings, and breathtaking views of the Las Vegas Strip. The room is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, including a flat-screen TV, high-speed Wi-Fi, and a digital concierge.
- Premium Queen Room: This stylish room offers two queen-size beds, contemporary design, and panoramic views. Amenities include a flat-screen TV, high-speed Wi-Fi, and a digital concierge.
- Strip View One-Bedroom Suite: This luxurious suite features a separate living room and bedroom, with a king-size bed, sophisticated design, and high-end amenities. The suite offers unparalleled views of the Las Vegas Strip and is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, including large flat-screen TVs, high-speed Wi-Fi, and a digital concierge.
- Strip View Two-Bedroom Suite: This opulent suite offers two bedrooms, a spacious living area, and a modern design. The suite features king-size beds, premium amenities, and breathtaking views of the Las Vegas Strip. State-of-the-art technology, including large flat-screen TVs, high-speed Wi-Fi, and a digital concierge, ensures a comfortable and luxurious stay.
Crockfords Las Vegas, LXR Hotels & Resorts
Crockfords Las Vegas is an ultra-luxury boutique hotel that offers an unparalleled level of service and exclusivity. The lavish suites are adorned with exquisite furnishings, designer touches, and unique amenities, ensuring an unforgettable stay for even the most discerning traveler.
- One-Bedroom Superior Suite: This ultra-luxurious suite features a separate living room and bedroom, with a king-size bed, exquisite furnishings, and unique amenities. The suite offers a personalized concierge service, private check-in, and access to the exclusive Crockfords Lounge.
- Strip View Two-Bedroom Suite: This lavish suite offers two bedrooms, a spacious living area, and designer touches throughout. The suite features king-size beds, exclusive amenities, and a personalized concierge service. Guests also enjoy private check-in and access to the Crockfords Lounge.
- Crockfords Two Bedroom Pool Villa: The ultimate in luxury, the Crockfords Villa features multiple bedrooms, a private pool, and an expansive living area. The villa is adorned with the finest furnishings, designer accents, and a dedicated butler service. Guests also enjoy private check-in and access to the exclusive Crockfords Lounge.
Resorts World Las Vegas boasts a mouthwatering array of culinary options, with over 40 food and beverage venues to choose from. From casual eateries to Michelin-starred dining experiences, the resort caters to every palate and preference – here’s a list of some of the more popular options currently offered at Resorts World:
- Brezza: Brezza offers authentic Italian cuisine in a contemporary setting. The menu features seasonal ingredients and a wide range of pasta, seafood, and meat dishes.
- Kusa Nori: Kusa Nori is an innovative Japanese restaurant offering sushi, sashimi, and a variety of grilled items. The restaurant’s modern design and interactive dining experience make it a must-visit.
- Genting Palace: Genting Palace serves delectable Chinese dishes, including dim sum, Peking duck, and a selection of Cantonese and Szechuan specialties. The restaurant offers a sophisticated and elegant dining atmosphere.
- ¡VIVA!: ¡VIVA! is a Mexican restaurant by celebrity chef Ray Garcia, offering modern interpretations of traditional Mexican dishes. The menu features tacos, enchiladas, and a variety of innovative small plates.
- Sun’s Out Buns Out: This poolside eatery offers a selection of American comfort food, including burgers, hot dogs, and sandwiches. Sun’s Out Buns Out is the perfect spot to grab a bite while enjoying the resort’s pool area.
- Bar Zazu: Bar Zazu is a European-inspired café and wine bar offering a selection of small plates, charcuterie, and an extensive wine list. The chic setting is perfect for a casual lunch or a relaxed evening with friends.
- The Kitchen at Resorts World: The Kitchen is a 24-hour dining destination offering a diverse menu of American and international dishes. The restaurant features a modern design and is perfect for any meal, day or night.
- Craig’s Vegan: This vegan outpost of the popular Los Angeles eatery offers a variety of plant-based comfort food, including pizzas, sandwiches, and sweet treats.
- Famous Foods Street Eats: This vibrant food hall features a curated selection of popular Asian and international dishes. Options include Mamak, Streetbird Las Vegas, Pepita’s Kitchen, and many more, ensuring a diverse and satisfying dining experience.
- Gatsby’s Cocktail Lounge: Gatsby’s is a stylish cocktail lounge offering a variety of handcrafted cocktails, wines, and beers. The lounge also features live entertainment and a selection of light bites.
- Dawg House Saloon & Sportsbook: Dawg House is a sports bar and restaurant offering classic American fare, including burgers, wings, and sandwiches. The venue also features a sportsbook for guests to place bets and catch their favorite games on large screens.
Entertainment and Nightlife
Resorts World Las Vegas offers an abundance of entertainment options for guests, from live performances to trendy nightclubs.
The resort’s state-of-the-art theatre, The Theatre at Resorts World Las Vegas, has a seating capacity of 5,000 and hosts some of the biggest names in entertainment. With a lineup of world-class performers, concerts, and events, the theatre offers a unique and intimate experience for guests.
Zouk Nightclub and AYU Dayclub
Resorts World Las Vegas also offers a vibrant nightlife scene, with Zouk Nightclub and AYU Dayclub at the forefront. Zouk Nightclub is a multi-level venue featuring cutting-edge technology and design, while AYU Dayclub is an outdoor oasis inspired by the beauty of Southeast Asia. Both venues host top international DJs and offer VIP experiences for guests seeking a high-energy party atmosphere.
For a more laid-back nightlife experience, RedTail is a social gaming bar where guests can enjoy craft cocktails, shareable plates, and a variety of games, including beer pong, billiards, and darts. With its casual atmosphere and communal setting, RedTail is perfect for a fun night out with friends.
Gaming and Casino Experience
No Las Vegas resort is complete without a world-class gaming and casino experience. Resorts World Las Vegas features a sprawling 117,000-square-foot casino floor, housing a vast selection of slots, table games, and poker rooms to cater to all types of players.
The casino offers over 1,400 slot machines, including the latest and most popular games. With a wide range of denominations and themes, guests are sure to find the perfect slot experience to suit their preferences.
Resorts World Las Vegas offers a variety of table games, including blackjack, roulette, craps, and baccarat. The casino also features a high-limit gaming area, providing an exclusive environment for guests seeking a more private and upscale gaming experience.
The dedicated poker room at Resorts World Las Vegas is a haven for poker enthusiasts. The room offers a variety of cash games and tournaments, as well as a comfortable and spacious environment for players to enjoy their favorite game.
Shopping and Attractions
Resorts World Las Vegas offers an upscale shopping experience, with a curated selection of luxury boutiques and high-end retail stores. From designer fashion to fine jewelry, guests can indulge in a shopping spree like no other.
In addition to shopping, Resorts World Las Vegas is home to several unique attractions. The resort features an impressive 100,000-square-foot LED screen on its exterior, showcasing stunning visual displays that captivate both guests and passersby. The property also houses the Las Vegas Monorail Station, providing convenient transportation along the Las Vegas Strip.
Meeting and Event Spaces
Resorts World Las Vegas is equipped to host a variety of events, from corporate meetings to lavish weddings. The resort offers 250,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space, including a pillarless ballroom, breakout rooms, and outdoor terraces. State-of-the-art technology, dedicated event planners, and world-class catering services ensure a seamless and memorable event experience.
Resorts World Overall & FAQ
Resorts World Las Vegas is a true testament to the evolution of the Las Vegas Strip. With its luxurious accommodations, diverse dining options, incredible entertainment offerings, and world-class gaming experience, the resort provides a complete and unforgettable vacation experience. Whether you are visiting for business or leisure, Resorts World Las Vegas promises to exceed your expectations and leave you longing for your next visit.